As summer draws to a close, and we find ourselves taking stock of what might be the strangest year any of us can remember, it’s important to recognize that there have also been some surprising silver linings. For example, the American Association of Professional Landmen offered its annual conference this year virtually and at no cost to its members.
In this blog, you can find the details about another virtual, high impact, no cost to members conference by NALTA for land professionals. I’m happy to be one of 16 educators chosen to participate and will be giving two sessions: one on Environmental Laws and another on Ethics. I hope that you will join me virtually to bring yourself up to speed on the latest trends and information we all need to know.
Virtual Conference on Mondays in October: 16 On-Demand Lease & Title Analysts Sessions
Living through a global pandemic has limited our ability to get together in person, but it has also encouraged us to push the boundaries and find new ways to network and learn from each other.
One of the premier annual educational events for land professionals is hosted by NALTA, the National Association of Lease and Title Analysts. NALTA was supposed to hold its 2020 conference in San Antonio this year, but the organization’s board of directors chose to cancel the in-person event due to a combination of COVID-19 and the general state of the industry.
However, when the going gets tough, the tough go online, so like the AAPL, NALTA has created an innovative alternative to provide conference training and education. I’m honored to be invited to be one of 16 speakers who will present at NALTA’s new series of online conference events.
Details are here:
- NALTA will release four on-demand sessions each Monday during the month of October. The presentations are each 50-60 minutes in length and include applicable continuing education credits.
- The event is free for members and only $100 for non-members, which includes a 2021 NALTA membership.
In a normal year, conference attendance would cost hundreds of dollars, so this is an exceptional deal for 16 modules of continuing education. Learn more and register here.
In addition to NALTA, I’m speaking at other online events this fall and will keep you informed as those announce. And, of course, my own Midland College professional certificate programs are always open to you (more on that below).
Our 6-Module Certificate Programs Begin Oct. 5: Professional Land Management & Division Order
Module 1 of our Midland College Certificate Programs will begin on Monday, October 5th. While you can start
our program at any time, some people prefer to proceed in numerical order, so join us as our classes start anew in October. Please note that:
- Courses are remote,
- online and self-paced with engaging videos, interactive exercises and real-world examples.
- Each module is one month in length and approximately 12 hours total per module.
- The course fee per module is $612.50 for Texas residents and $637.50 for those outside Texas.
- Upon completion of the 6 modules, you receive a PLM or DO Certificate from Midland College.
Our Professional Land Management Certificate Program includes:
- Module 1: Introduction to Land Management Practices
- Module 2: Running Title and Interpreting Conveyance Instruments
- Module 3: Negotiating the Oil and Gas Lease and Lease Calculations
- Module 4: Oil and Gas Law and Its Impact on Land Practices
- Module 5: Legally Enforceable Oil and Gas Contracts
- Module 6: Federal and State Laws that Impact Land Ownership
A first of its kind in the nation, our Division Order Certificate Program includes:
- Module 1: Introduction to Division Order Practices
- Module 2: Land Titles, Title Examination and Title Opinions
- Module 3: Land & Leasing
- Module 4: Calculations
- Module 5: Oil & Gas Law
- Module 6: Oil & Gas Contracts
I invite you to learn more about the programs and register today.