This Month’s Topic:
Deep Dive into Course Syllabi | New Downloads Online
I’ve had quite a few people ask for more detail on what’s covered in each module for our Midland College courses. Whether you want to understand the full program for a certificate or just need to brush up on a specific topic, the syllabus files for each module should answer your questions.
I designed the courses based on my own research and practice while making sure to include all the key topics covered in the main study and reference guides from our two leading industry associations:
- American Association of Professional Landman (AAPL)
- National Association of Division Order Analysts (NADOA)
Each syllabus details:
- Course overview – paragraph about what we’ll cover
- Required text – study guides from NADOA for DO and AAPL for PLM
- Objective – bullet point format of what you’ll learn
- Course format – details on types of media used for lectures
- Discussion forums – expectations for sharing with fellow students
- Projects – some courses include a paper submission or field trip
- Final exam – always the last week of the class (available Tue-Sat)
Below is the sample from our DO Module 2 course on Land Titles, Title Examinations & Title Opinions so you can get a feel for the layout of our module syllabi.